Thursday 26 July 2012

Minarai

24/7/2012

The first stage of my journey is complete.

Okaasan had been working on the new Ochaya and I was called in to test the new stage in one of the rooms to perform the dance that I had choreographed, along with my little kouta.
As I was preparing Kikutsuru San turned up and sat down to watch.
Nervously I steeled myself and began my repertoire

Early morning light, the mist rising and swirling with the warming air
The sounds of nature disturb my sleep.....


Don't forget the fan. Don't forget the fan.
As I twirl away to left away from the audience I gently remove the first fan from my obi and open it deftly as I face them once again, moving it gracefully through the air to portray Sakura blossom on the morning breeze.....

Dance finished
"Take a seat Hikaru Chan"

Walk across to the zabuton, my legs wobbling as I smooth the back of my yukata and kneel down.
Okaasan is reading my reports and looking over my progress since I became Shikomi at Hanafusa Okiya.
"Shhhh little one" whispers Kikutsuru San "You did fine"
"Hai"
Not convinced.
Was it good enough?
Have my reports and progress being sufficient to take me to the dizzy heights of Minarai?

A loooong while later Okaasan looks up and across at me and tells me her decision....

A few minutes later myself and Kikutsuru San are on our way to Geisha Dreams and heading straight for the Minerai department to spend loads and loads and loads of Lindens.
Yaaaaaaayyyyy I passed.

Hikaru
Hanafusa Minarai



No comments:

Post a Comment