Sunday 10 June 2012

Be careful what you ask for Hikaru

For days now I have been begging Okaasan to go out of the hanamachi. I know I can't but I love exploring and the closest I have come to leaving is standing on the hill and staring across to the next town. Today, that all changed.

Hatsu received word of an event in another hanamachi and my eyes lit up as I smiled at Okaasan and asked "Can we go Okaasan? Pleeeeease"
She said yes and told us the rules.
I wished I hadn't asked.
All the things that I was going to have to remember in order to make sure that I didn't bring dishonour upon us was making me feel sick. Would I get it right? Would I mess up?
I was going to mess up.
I just know I was going mess up.
And what made the matter worse was that I was to be the lead Shikomi following after Okaasan.

iiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeee

Luckily, a little later in the day and well before the event, my second Sister returned to the Okiya.

WOOOHOOOOO, saved by the bell, Fumiko goes first :)

Okaasan decided that we should all wear the same yakuta and geta, so off we went on a shopping trip, followed by the salon for our hair doing.
The result was this....

3 little Shikomi






No comments:

Post a Comment