Monday 11 June 2012

Oscar and The Tao Te Ching

Today's lessons were all about Gods and Goddesses, deep thought, the gateways to inner peace and the sanctuary of Geiko existence.
The calming tones of Okaasan's voice delivering the knowledge, the gentle breeze coming in off the sea as we sat in the garden pondering over a vessel's inability to remain upright if overfilled and equate that thought with abstinence, greed and all things karmic in order to lead a fulfilling, meaningful life. The warmth of the sun on our skin, the soft tickle of the grass on my toes and a feeling of inner peace as I soak up more knowledge.

Wonderful

But all the while in the corner of my eye and constantly irritating my ear....Oscar.
Most towns and villages have a stray cat, who manages to eke it's way through life on a meagre existence of scraps and the odd treat from a kind hearted resident. We have this.....



This is Oscar, our owl. Oscar has stolen my rock and refuses to move despite my challenging him to a staring competition and winning hands down because he kept looking away.
It seems that everywhere I find in this town to co-exist peacefully with nature and be alone with my thoughts, is doomed to failure.
Thankfully my little hill in the corner looking out to sea remains untouched by progress and the Tao can swirl freely around my mind as I consider my future.



No comments:

Post a Comment